Aimee Joy Nitzberg :
The world always seems a little brighter and more peaceful after a yoga class. In 2000, I began teaching with the hope to inspire people to practice Yoga consistently, to cultivate a practice which focuses on deep self-inquiry, and to practice with joy and love. Showing up to class takes dedication, discipline and courage and it gives us a chance to remember and tend to our true Self. My classes draw from the classical systems of Yoga I’ve studied while weaving new inspiration and ever-evolving styles into the mix.
I am often most inspired and enlightened by the intelligence and beauty of my students, friends, family and teachers all around me. My biggest influences on my path have been Richard Freeman and Dharma Mittra as my principle teachers in Yoga, there are countless other sources including Ram Dass, David Swenson, Krishna Das, Meghan Currie and many more. Pleasure Point Yoga has grown and evolved into a community of very authentic, kind and genuine people coming together to share yoga and life in a sweet, colorful, sacred space–I feel lucky to be here!
• If you were a book what would the title be?: Lost in Laguna–A True Story
• Favorite yoga pose: It always changes, right now I’m in love with Ustrasana…aka Camel
• What is something that makes you happy?: Nature
• What is your favorite quote?: Practice and all is coming. ~Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
• Nicknames : EE, A, Joy, AimHigh